If your date is using a lot of the following signals, you can take it as a good sign that he or she is interested and having a good time. Congratulations!
- Good eye contact: Gazing (not staring) into someone’s eyes is a good sign.
- Leaning forward: Making the space between you two smaller and cozier signals that interest is on the way up and walls are on the way down.
- Relaxed posture: Sitting or standing comfortably and breathing smoothly indicates that your date is open and non-defensive.
- Palms up: Open hands indicate a warm and receptive heart.
- Touching: If the touching is warm rather than suggestive, you’re making contact.
- Nodding: If your date nods periodically as you speak, you’re on the same wavelength.
- Mirroring: Unconsciously reflecting each other’s behavior — leaning forward at the same time, breathing in sync, crossing the same leg over the other at the same time, speaking in the same tone — says that you’re attuned to one another.
- Synchronization: Simultaneous breathing, blinking, and shifting in your seat means you’re in sync.